Creating a TINT in the TINT Dashboard
You can create TINTs in the TINT Dashboard (the first page you see after logging in at www.tintup.com). Simply click the "+Add A TINT" button to get started:
Then, enter a name for the TINT and click "Create TINT":
Afterwards, you'll be asked whether or not you'd like to enable Analytics for the TINT. Click the "Activate" button to turn on Analytics, or click "Not Now" to proceed to the next step. You can also select "Skip to TINT Editor" to bypass other selections and immediately start adding connections and personalizing your TINT:
Next, you can choose whether or not to enable the Adult Content Filter. As before, click "Activate" to enable the feature, or "Not Now" to proceed to the next step. "Skip to TINT Editor" is also visible again:
Adding Content in the TINT Editor
The first step to getting your TINT up and running is adding a connection. A connection can come from any number of social networks, such as Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. We also have other integrations such as support for RSS feeds, and even instant messenger applications like Slack and Spark.
1) The CONTENT panel can be found on the left-hand side of the page. The Content panel is where you add connections to your TINT. Simply click any network icon to start:
2) In the popup that appears, select the desired connection type from the top tabs (if present), and then fill out the required fields. To enable Moderation on the connection select "Manually approve posts before making them public." To complete adding the connection click the "+ Add" button.
Here's an example of what adding a Facebook Page connection would look like:
3) Provide login credentials for the social network if prompted to do so. (This is requirement for most connections; for more information click here). Click the "Log In" or "Authorize" buttons to continue:
You’re all set! The connection has been made and within a few moments posts will appear in the main portion of the page:
You can add multiple connections to your TINT by repeating the process. Once you have all of the connections in place you can move on to Personalization, Moderation, and getting your TINT set up just to your liking.
Removing, Renaming, and Toggling Moderation on Connections
If you need to remove, rename, or toggle moderation settings a connection, scroll down within the CONTENT panel. The connection(s) will appear under the CONTENT YOU'VE ADDED section.
Click the cog icon to remove or rename a connection, or, click the lock icon to toggle moderation on or off:
You can add a lot of different content to TINT. The following is a list of connection types that are currently supported by TINT:
- Hashtag // Username // Likes // List // Advanced (Queries)
- Hashtag // Account // Location // Geotag
- Profile // Page // Visitor Posts // Group // Locations
- Username // Playlist
Public Posting (click here for more information)
- Profile // Board
- Profile // Company
User Reviews (click here for more information)
- Username // Hashtag
- Profile // Hashtag
- Username // Tag
- Search Term // Location // Topic
Wechat (微信, Wēixìn) (click here for more information)
Slack (click here for more information)
Spark (click here for more information)
If you have any questions regarding creating a TINT or adding connections please contact Technical Support at email@example.com.