When troubleshooting problems with a RSS connection, please verify the following:
1) The RSS feed is valid. To run validation on your RSS feed click here.
2) All RSS feed items contain the following references:
- <title> = Defines the title of the post
- <description> = Defines the description of the post
- <guid> = Defines a unique identifier for the post
- <pubDate> = Defines the last-publication date for the post
3) Your RSS feed is pulling the right image:
- If the box "Pull Image From Description" is checked when you add the RSS feed as a social connection in the TINT Editor your TINT will look for an image in the <description> field. If there is no image in the element then the correct image may not display.
- If the box "Pull Image From Description" is not checked when you add the RSS feed your TINT will pull images using the service Embedly. Embedly checks if your link contains an og:image metatag. If your link contains the og:image metatag Embedly will return correct image. If the og:image metatag is missing Embedly will use its own algorithm to determine the image.
4 ) The URL for the RSS feed isn’t too long. If you aren’t seeing any content pull in at all, and your RSS feed is a long URL, try using a URL shortener like https://goo.gl/. Once you have the shortened link, copy it and add the shortened URL instead of the original RSS URL.
If you have any other issues related to your RSS feed please don’t hesitate to contact Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.